Thursday 19 December 2013

THE MACHINE (work in progress)




From long I was fascinated by games in which u can just ram your vehicle , take it on high speeds and just still manage to survive...(*midtown madness)
 I started thinking of a game where you can thrash zombies ... customise your ride..
make different set teams

I wanted the vehicle to b powerful and how it can b built to survive anything





I started conceptualising by making a basic conceptual ramming truck using maya as my base modeling software




The front was designed as a train and the rear as a crane , but as i kept on getting more ideas, train conceptualisation changed into a thrasher machine and rubber wheels changed into tank wheels..
I finally ended up with a more aggressive and fat beast:





IMPORT INTO ZBRUSH



Zbrush gives you the total control of the model
its no doubt an excellent tool to sculpt in the details.. 
I sculpted the basic metal injuries into the model over time and settled somewhere here




then I gave the base paint to basic material:




I kept the colors which I liked and started tweaking the others 
Majorly the wheels and some other metal areas



After placing some dirt and scratches on the base paint of wheels i moved to the main body of the truck

Spotlight was very useful in combinig different textures to give the seamless look to a body paint 
With it i could start giving life to the truck..
I wanted to b an old rusty one which has gone through alot but is still standing strong
I also wanted to give the feel of the environment it runs in 





The striped number 11 came to my mind when i thought about the driver (gamer) who would be driving this big boss
I wanted the model to come to the generally look appealing to a crazy  fun loving rider 
...as i mentioned 'midtown madness' before...



Here..
I am nearly done ,
Now the lights (up and below), rusted yellow at the back, and a new fixes in some sub_tools would add the remaining effect to the ZOMBIE THRASHER  sculpt



see you people soon with some more updates upon truck texturing










No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

find me on skillpages